Monday, July 14, 2008

7 Reasons I Love Being a Virtual Assistant

I added this to my newsletter and encouraged Virtual Assistants to share -- why they love being a Virtual Assistant. Post away!

Here's my reasons --

7 Reasons I Love Being a Virtual Assistant

Sometimes it seems you can't pick up a magazine or book today or even turn on the TV without someone talking about the Virtual Assistant Industry. I couldn't be happier. We deserve this. Virtual assistants have worked long and hard to gain the recognition they are getting today and I know it's only the beginning. I'd love to share 7 reasons why I love being a Virtual Assistant. I'm also posting it on my blog and would welcome you to post some of the reasons you enjoy being a VA too.

1- My clients: I get to work with some amazing clients and help them achieve success.

2- Control over my businesss: I love to know that I have the power to make it grow and am an active part of its success. I get to choose the clients I want to work with, the hours I want to work, and most importantly I get to say no as well if something isn't a good fit.

3- The ability to be part of the VA Industry: I've been blessed to be part of the VA Industry since its inception. Every year I get to see it reach more media and get more attention. It's wonderful to see and I'm proud to be a a part of it.

4- To have the opportunity to use my skills and talents every day: I love what I do and every day I get to wake up and do it again. If you talk to most entrepreneurs they will acknowledge passion is one of the most important aspects to success.

5- There is always something new. I'm an A Type Personality so I definitely need a challenge. I love the thrill of new clients, regular clients that have become good friends, new challenges, and also having the opportunity to make a difference in someone's business and success.

6- To get to coach others and help them achieve success: In addition to publicity and marketing, I also do virtual assistant coaching. I love to be able to take a VA with just a dream and turn it into a successful business.

7- I get to write and being a virtual assistant allows me to do just that. Whether it's writing a press release, a media kit, or a new book, my career choice has allowed me to write. And I love it!

Owning your own virtual assistant business is simply the BEST. Stop by my blog and tell me why you enjoy doing it. '

***
Diana Ennen of Virtual Word Publishing, www.virtualwordpublishing.com
Author: Virtual Assistant The Series: Become a Highly Successful, Sought after VA

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree, Diana. Being a VA is great! I've found that one of my favorite parts is the networking, which I didn't think I'd enjoy at all. I've met so many more people than I ever did just going to a job everyday. Life is good:-)

Christine Buffaloe said...

Hi Diana,

I don't know if you remember me, but I am Joan Stewart's VA.
One of the many things I love about being a VA is the learning process. Everyday I learn something new. Either from a client or even a prospective client. That is the amazing part of this journey.
For those of you thinking of becoming a VA, there are some really valuable tools out there. One of them is a series of CDs that Diana participated in at http://tinyurl.com/5zr2mq
Keep up great work and thanks for the post.

Anonymous said...

wow, it sounds like a great job!

arlene,
virtual personal assistant