Sunday, March 09, 2008

Trace Adkins - True Magic

Last night I went to the most amazing concert with my 14 year old daughter. We went to see County singer Trace Adkins. It was magical. I hope I never forget the feeling of looking over and seeing her rocking to "Ladies Love Country Boys" & Well All of Them. He was so 'real" and down to earth and it was just absolutely a night to remember.

When he sang "Arlington," I along with 1/4 of the crowd sobbed. You see him on GAC, but when you hear it live it moves you beyond words. Our soldiers are over their fighting for us. I especially was touched as my son is 22. I could be one of those military moms. Trace said, I hope my song helps those families that give so much. It does!

It was then I knew I needed to do more. I always give my books away free to military families if they write me, but what else can I do. Right now I don't know, but I hope this concert stays with me and I can report back soon that I am doing more too.

What a concert! What a night. What a way to spend some quality time with my daughter. I knew it meant a lot to her too when after we got home she said to me, "hey mom, wanna go shopping tomorrow." Clear the schedule, I'm there!

Diana Ennen
Virtual Word Publishing

No comments: