Thursday, June 19, 2008

Tim Russert Tribute - A Job Well Done

I believe I was touched more this week than most by the news events and losing my friend Tim Russert. No, he didn't know me. But I sure knew him. I respected his values for family, friends, and more important he was one of the "Good guys."

Yesterday's tribute was absolutely beautiful, remarkable. It gave me the peace I needed. They say that afterwards two rainbows could be seen there and I knew it was his final good bye. And it was perfect just like the day. I thank NBC for doing what they did.

My only hope is that I can be even somewhat of a parent as he was. Even half of a friend that he was. And in business, just to earn some of the respect that he did.

Tomorrow I get to see my college son who graduated. I hope to tell him again how proud I am. In seeing Luke, I realized that it's just as important the values you give your kids.

Anyway. Back to work. Thanks for listening to the more personal side of my blog.

Diana Ennen

No comments: